OVH Community, votre nouvel espace communautaire.

Server suspend before end date!

Shadow aok
12/03/2007, 15h31
You will get a refund for april.

amadeus
12/03/2007, 13h12
Citation Envoyé par espinha
I use emule very poor,only for mp3,most of useless to the server is from my work with other companies!
Give the money of APRIL back !
If they know from the beggining it was P2P(rarely),why they took the money?
They do right?
It is right to take your money and then close your server?
Yes it is rigth, and it is moral ! Crime do not pay
In France, if you download only ONE mp3, you become an hacker, pirate, outlaw, ... and they can take your money, stop your server and if OVH transmit your personal information to justice you can go in jail for 2 YEARS (and it is not a joke).

You takes a server in France ? Yes, consequently you are under french law and this law say : they have rigth, you have wrong.

jeffcom
12/03/2007, 13h00
Hi,

The mail you recieve asking you to pay for april is automatic, it is a robot... he don't know about anything.

First time, you talk about that, second time you talk about OVH response saying that you does p2p... that is not the same thing... I think they did not validate your account, and the robot send you an email asking you to pay, that is normal for me.

Even if you have downloaded only one mp3 with p2p and use your server for work most of time, that is not legal ! they have right to take your money and not validate your account. I do the same with my customers... in fact i do worth : I stop immediately all services and ask a fee to not have respected the contract. Be happy they did not do the same...

Try to call them, explain that you did not know about illegal things in france, and say you will never do p2p again, apologize for the penal risk you take for them and ask what's wrong with your payment. I don't say that will solve the problem immediately, but, in my opinion, if you apologize, they will be nice with you.

espinha
12/03/2007, 12h34
Citation Envoyé par jeffcom
that is an ilelgal thing in france ! do not be anoyed if they say you are against the law and take your money without continue the service...

I think, there is a way to get out of this situation : stop p2p, never re-do that and apologize to them.

Try to understand their way of thinking : if you do illegal p2p with their network, they are legally responsible, so when they see that kind of thing, they stop the service and take your money. That's the deal : they allow you to use their network, so you have to use it according to the law. You did not respect the deal... so do not cry...

I dont explain myself right?
I use emule very poor,only for mp3,most of useless to the server is from my work with other companies!
If they know that things were wronf why they send me this mail:

1º - In the first mail you send me you talk about fault of payment,nit about of illegalities!
2º - Reading the mail and even now it only ends on day 18 of each month I pay month of APRIL!
3º - If you know that everything was wrong with my server and my account why you send me this mail:

> > > > > > > Your server ns23154.ovh.net is hosted by OVH under the reference
> > > > > > > sd.loc.lstart100mp.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Our followup system has detected that your account is expired
> > > > > > > for this server, despite reminders emails we sent you.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Your server will be suspended in a couple of minutes
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > If you want it to be reactivated, you can:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 1) Point your web browser to this url:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > http://www.ovh.com/cgi-bin/fr/order/...s23154.ovh.net
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 2) Pay the order you'll create:
> > > > > > > Your invoice will quickly be sent to your email, confirming
> > > > > > > the reopening of your server for the chosen duration
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > IMPORTANT:
> > > > > > > ==========
> > > > > > > You will receive an acknowledgement letter, if you don't renew
> > > > > > > your server within 5 days, the server will be definitely
> > > > > > > shutdown, and all data will be ERASED

I do what they say me to do: PAY NEXT MONTH(APRIL),and they receive the money!
So,now who are accting wrong?Me or they?
Give the money of APRIL back!

If they know from the beggining it was P2P(rarely),why they took the money?

"please, stop kidding in thinking we're kids, personaly I am a professional, and a lot of users here are too"

So you are a professional,like myself,so what you think of this?
They do right?
It is right to take your money and then close your server?

Nebu
12/03/2007, 12h19
Article 7 des CGV..

jeffcom
12/03/2007, 12h11
Its true I use it sometimes with emule(not always),to download some mp3
that is an ilelgal thing in france ! do not be anoyed if they say you are against the law and take your money without continue the service...

I think, there is a way to get out of this situation : stop p2p, never re-do that and apologize to them.

Try to understand their way of thinking : if you do illegal p2p with their network, they are legally responsible, so when they see that kind of thing, they stop the service and take your money. That's the deal : they allow you to use their network, so you have to use it according to the law. You did not respect the deal... so do not cry...

jeffcom
12/03/2007, 12h03
Hacker?
My server from the moment I pay for it its private,they dont have the right to look into it without my authorization!
they did not looked inside ! do you know for what you have paid ? You paid for they host your server. acording to this, you agree with using their facilities. According to the french laws, they have to look at what you do with their facility, to find if you are not doing things againts the law. they did not look into your server, they only analized the traffic and wich ports are used. If you did not propose illegal p2p on your server, just justify that and all will be okay.

p2p is allowed in france, but only for legal things...

please, stop kidding in thinking we're kids, personaly I am a professional, and a lot of users here are too

Kira Yamato
12/03/2007, 11h52
Of course, but you just have to ask "Commercial support" => http://www.ovh.com/fr/espaceclients/...commercial.xml

And I hope for you, they return your money back

espinha
12/03/2007, 11h41
As you can see:

Summary - ns23154.ovh.net
Dedicated Server
Created date : 2006-12-18
Expire date : 2007-03-18

They take my money and dont change expiring date,they receive money of APRIL and stay quiet and STEAL my money!
Yes,because that its stealing!

espinha
12/03/2007, 11h27
Citation Envoyé par Kira Yamato
Okay, I see your problems.

In French, if you use an application like eMule, iMesh, and other... you can going into prison

Because, the french law (DADVSI) is counter-p2p.

And in the contract with OVH, OVH say "P2P is illegal, if you use our service for that, we close your server."

I'm sorry

I hope you can find a great hoster, but in french you can't
I understand what you are saying Yamato:

The only problem is: I pay for month of APRIL(we are in March),just want my money back!
If P2P is illegal in French,stealing money from clients is not?

Kira Yamato
12/03/2007, 11h15
Okay, I see your problems.

In French, if you use an application like eMule, iMesh, and other... you can going into prison

Because, the french law (DADVSI) is counter-p2p.

And in the contract with OVH, OVH say "P2P is illegal, if you use our service for that, we close your server."

I'm sorry

I hope you can find a great hoster, but in french you can't

espinha
12/03/2007, 11h11
Citation Envoyé par Kira Yamato
Sorry espinha, but, what do you do with your server?

Hello Yamato!
Its true I use it sometimes with emule(not always),to download some mp3,but the most use its for my work,I do works for companys and send true their servers with good speed(my network at home sucks)!
The thing is: I pay month of APRIL,just want my money back,if OVH dont want me as a client,no problem,give my money back!

Kira Yamato
12/03/2007, 11h03
Sorry espinha, but, what do you do with your server?

espinha
12/03/2007, 09h58
Citation Envoyé par amadeus
OVH is in France, the contract is a french contract and in french law they have the rigth to take your money and say you good bye if you are an outlaw.
Stop to be a hacker, come back in legality and you will be able to speak about "AUTHORETIES".
Hacker?
You know what is a hacker?
I pay for my server!
You know what are the rights you have?
I know!
My server from the moment I pay for it its private,they dont have the right to look into it without my authorization!
If you dont know your rights please read it or be quiet!
What they are doing its a FRAUD,because in first mail they dont talk about nothing of that,they only say about fault of payment,in same day I pay for another month and now they say,they will take my money?
NO WAY!
They play with kidds like you but with me NO THANKS!

amadeus
12/03/2007, 09h34
OVH is in France, the contract is a french contract and in french law they have the rigth to take your money and say you good bye if you are an outlaw.
Stop to be a hacker, come back in legality and you will be able to speak about "AUTHORETIES".

espinha
12/03/2007, 09h26
Citation Envoyé par jeffcom
Hi!
try to call them by phone directly ! I think it's the best way to solve the problem.

Good Luck

I try but I cant do it,I receive a mail from them now saying this:

Bonjour,
>
> Nous avons détecté des activités de Peer to Peer sur vos serveurs et de ce fait vous ne respectez plus les termes du contrat.
> Comme indiqué dans ceux ci, si nous détectons un tel type d'activité, nous nous réservons le droit de couper les serveurs.
>
> Il ne sera donc pas possible de réouvrir les serveurs.
>
> Cordialement, Julien D.

THE PROBLEM ITS I ALREADY PAY MONTH OF APRIL,AND THEY ARE TAKING MY MONEY,ITS A FRAUD WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO ME!
I WILL REPORT THIS TO THE AUTHORETIES BECAUSE I KNOW MANY SERVERS OF OVH THAT SUPPORT SCENE SITES AND P2P!

jeffcom
11/03/2007, 18h50
Hi!
try to call them by phone directly ! I think it's the best way to solve the problem.

Good Luck

espinha
10/03/2007, 15h23
Nobody asnwer?
I pay for more 1 month and send 3 mails to support and nobody asnwer!

espinha
09/03/2007, 12h50
Hello!
I have a server by 2 months in OVH,the end date is like always on day 18 of each month,and today morning they send me a mail say that they will suspend my server because I dont pay for it!
In clients section say it is valid until 18/03/2007!
I try to contact them by mail and online support,nobody asnwer!
I already pay for more 1 month and still dont have my server working!