OVH Community, votre nouvel espace communautaire.

VPS down - no network connection

riccardod
20/01/2015, 15h05
Just a quick update, this is the answer I received an answer to my ticket, 55 hours after my last ticket opening. Just to know it, Is it the normal support of OVH?
This is the massage I received:
Data: 2015-01-14 17:48:31
Dear customer,

Could you check now ?
Do you still have problems ?

Best regards,

riccardod
13/01/2015, 20h13
Hello the problem was "solved" at 20.20 of yesterday. I report the problem/history in a complete/correct way.
The problem on my vps number 16369 started at 18.05 of last friday according to the automatic message received by ovh monitoring. I saw it at about 19.15, when the regular support by phone is closed, so after having checked the problem (VPS not connected to the network) I sent a message to the technical support using the OVH V5 web interface. During the weekend I sent several messages as well I tried to put the vps back on the net changing network configuration with the KVM tool of the web interface, but without success: dhcp did not work, fixed ip did not work, the vps seemed disconnected from the network. On monday morning at 9.00 I phoned to the technical support (italian OVH support). I found out that it is a "first level" support helpdesk that could only confirm me the problem and notified me that I have to use the old manager (v3) to ask technical support! May I ask why everything related to vps is in the v5 interface and I have to use the old one to open a technical assistance ticket??? And why there is a support request link in the v5 interface is NO ONE read it??
But let's continue the story: received the information I went into the v3 interface to submit my request again, and I found an old ticket request that was not closed: since it is nt possible to add a new ticket for the same service until one is still opened the OVH technician on the phone suggested me to reply to that ticket with the request of help for the new problem, and so I did. After 2 hours of silence I phoned again, and a new technician suggested me to close the old ticket and open a new one.... again with great patience I did as suggested (10.30 of monday). After that the silence continued... I phoned every 2 hours to the support, but I received always the same answer: you have to wait, we cannot do anything. At 17,26 I received a mail that the ticket was taken in charge by a technician. After 2 hours no messagges/no news and the vps always down. At 20.00 I tried again to connect via kvm, I restarted the network service and finally the vps went back online, taking correctly ip and gateway via dhcp.... probably in the meanwhile the problem was solved by the technician, but I received no comunication about it. The only comunication I received until now is the automatic monitor message informing me that the vps was up again... just after I restarted the network service: not a very useful information. The ticket is still opened now with no update after the automatic monitor one.
Maybe someone of OVH in this forum can explain if this is the normal standard support or if something did not work as it should.
Regards

damien.rannou
13/01/2015, 09h22
Could you give me your VPS name ?
Best regards,

- - - Mise à jour - - -

Could you give me your VPS name ?
Best regards,

Abazada
13/01/2015, 07h31
Citation Envoyé par helas
hi,
many people reported on the problem of VPS right now
Where please? Nothing on this forum except this message ??

To riccardod:
You should be more specific: What kind of VPS? Classic? Cloud? ...
and give a host name or an IP for us to check analyse your problem.

I find very hard to believe that a VPS could be down 48h+ without OVH to fixed it...

riccardod
12/01/2015, 19h26
Citation Envoyé par helas
hi,
Indeed, many people reported on the problem of VPS right now

WAIT AND SEE
Thank you for your message, now I know I am not alone :-)
I received a message notifying tham m ticket was taken in charge at 17.26 today, no other news until now.
Wait and see... or better wait and pray :-)
Regards

helas
12/01/2015, 19h17
hi,
Indeed, many people reported on the problem of VPS right now

WAIT AND SEE

riccardod
12/01/2015, 17h27
My vps is down from friday night, and still no response from support. I ask help here hoping that someone else experienced my situation: the vps is reachable only via the web interface kvm, where I can see that all the services are running fine but the network is not reachable. The first level support say that they don't even see the several restarting I made in their log... this probably confirm that the vps is probably not correctly seen by the infrastructure beneath (vm ware host?). The first level support say that I have to wait the CED technicians, but no one is taking in charge the ticket until now. Did anyone had a similar experience? Someone has any tip? Thank, you in advance